Foro The Movies Cinema Machinima Español
BIENVENIDO a la comunidad sobre el juego The Movies y otros Machinimas. Aquí encontraras una gran familia, ayuda, etc, y sobre todo compartir la afición que nos gusta a todos, que es crear películas con motores de juegos. Regístrate o identifícate para quitar la publicidad y poder participar en el foro.
Si tienes problemas con el registro, en el foro Bienvenidos hay un post-it abierto a invitados.
------------------------------------------------------------
WELCOME to the community about the game The Movies and other Machinimas. Here you will find a great family, help, etc, and above all share the hobby that we like to all, which is to create movies with game engines. Register or identify to remove the publicity and to participate in the forum. If you have problems with the registration, in the Welcome forum there is a post-it open to guests.

Unirse al foro, es rápido y fácil

BIENVENIDO a la comunidad sobre el juego The Movies y otros Machinimas. Aquí encontraras una gran familia, ayuda, etc, y sobre todo compartir la afición que nos gusta a todos, que es crear películas con motores de juegos. Regístrate o identifícate para quitar la publicidad y poder participar en el foro.
Si tienes problemas con el registro, en el foro Bienvenidos hay un post-it abierto a invitados.
------------------------------------------------------------
WELCOME to the community about the game The Movies and other Machinimas. Here you will find a great family, help, etc, and above all share the hobby that we like to all, which is to create movies with game engines. Register or identify to remove the publicity and to participate in the forum. If you have problems with the registration, in the Welcome forum there is a post-it open to guests.
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Guardian

+2
DibujanteTM
LeoLaw
6 participantes

Guardian Empty Guardian

Mensaje por LeoLaw Miér Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am

My film "GONE MISSING" is now back in production, and today while filming new scenes, I had an idea that I couldn't let myself forget, so I spent all day working on it. This is the result, pretty good I think, at least for only working on it for a few hours. Let me know what you think! It's another film without words... I'm truly addicted to making films like that it seems...

Hope you all enjoy and I look forward to reading your thoughts on it! Smile
LeoLaw
LeoLaw

Rol : Director

Guardian Empty Re: Guardian

Mensaje por DibujanteTM Miér Jul 04, 2018 11:00 am

Great stuff LeoLaw,

This is what we're supposed to do: play with The Movies. It's excellent that you bring us any idea you shot with this game, no matter if it's a short movie like this. I see myself identified with this kind format with great edition skills. Personally love the horizontal black bands of the screen. It looks curious that I've seen this already with foreigners, but not that much in my countrymen.

I tell you I wasn't able to understand the movie itself, and I was supposed to perform something really close to this, but I didn't catch the idea. Nevertheless, that was a nice dress. I suggest you to reduce the credits lenght as it takes around 40 seconds of this 3'16 minutes video, it's a bit long and I was expecting something to happen.

Good job.

PD: Why is she washing her hair twice? We see her with the towel in the beginning and going back shower after the events.
DibujanteTM
DibujanteTM

. : Recreaciones clásicas: El Planeta de los Simios, Ciudadano Kane

Mensaje por LeoLaw Miér Jul 04, 2018 11:48 am

I certainly don't put every idea I work on out for the world to see, there's loads I've made that have not seen the light of day and never will.. but when I'm confident in the idea I'm making, then I definitely put it out for others to watch and critique.

As for the horizontal black bars on the screen, it is a common practice for American films, but I never realized it was uncommon among other cultures. Here's the mod for the overlay I used for that effect, it also includes colored overlays as well (how I made the screen red) just in case you want to use it.
https://themovies3d.com/en/downloads/download/8-contest-nr3/669-widescreens

If you didn't understand my intentions for this film, I'd be happy to explain it a bit.

(IF ANYONE READING THIS HASN'T SEEN THE FILM DO NOT READ ON)

The whole concept of the film is "Things aren't always as they seem" The red visioned, heavy breathing thing (we'll call him Red Eye) is meant to seem like a terrifying monster stalking the woman, and the man who visits her is meant to seem like her loving, caring partner, who may save her from Red Eye. But the man turns out to be the real monster when he forces himself on her and abuses her (the abuse taking place while Red Eye was looking at the floor) and Red Eye was actually watching over her from the beginning. As to who or what Red Eye is and why he's looking after the woman, that's supposed to be up to the viewers imagination I suppose.

I understand why you may not have gotten all that from what's presented in the film. When doing experimental projects like this, I of course want to have it make sense to others, but I want most of all is for it to be up to interpretation, because a lot of the time not even I know exactly 100% what's going on in a movie I make. It's always cool to have discussions that extend the story of a film beyond what's actually presented.

Yeah, I guess the credits were up a little too long, I'll keep an eye on that from now on. And as for washing her hair twice, that's a flub on my part... these things happen when you spend just a few hours making a story from start to finish, rather than spending days or weeks. I guess you could argue that the final scene with her washing her hair could take place a few days after the events that transpired, but that wasn't my thought process, I just like the way the scene looked I suppose.

It's something to learn from, shows I can use a little practice in continuity and logic plot progression.

Thanks for the kind words and fair critiques @Dibujante really appreciate it! good
LeoLaw
LeoLaw

Mensaje por DibujanteTM Miér Jul 04, 2018 12:06 pm

I agree with you, LeoLaw.

I made many short movies like this one, some of them really close to the concept you explained, but indeed there's a difference in the quality of the story (mine is worse mellado). I understand what means to work against the clock, just by running a good idea.

In these stages, I also appreciate to discuss the story with the spectators. Now I get your point of view, it's cool. But to be honest, I don't think this may be appreciated during watching the film. This doesn't mean it was a bad job. This kind of "free interpretation" concept we give sometimes in our movies are a bit risky. We expect spectators to get a different explanation of the idea and discuss it, but it's more common that they don't catch the movie, therefore they cannot judge if this product was good enough if they don't get it. They have to understand the story through the movie, not through the comments, otherwise there's something you did wrong. But how hard is to work like this with 2 minutes, it's more easy to say! And with practise you will reach more successful projects.

Don't worry about the bars. In real cinema this is a "must be", but I meant in this forum it is not a custom, although I love it and I'm using this in all of my recent projects. mellado

You may put in spoiler the explanation of your idea. You have to write [ spoiler] (everything together), then put your paragraph, then [ /spoiler] (everything together), therefore it won't be read unless you hit it.

Thank you for the movie. I'm expecting to see more from you.
Best regards.
PD: By the way, great fonts for the titles. Once again, you own great editing skills combined to talented direction of the camera. Keep on!
DibujanteTM
DibujanteTM

. : Recreaciones clásicas: El Planeta de los Simios, Ciudadano Kane

Mensaje por LeoLaw Miér Jul 04, 2018 12:41 pm

I totally see where you're coming from. It definitely is, as you put it, risky to tell a story in this fashion. But I like to take risks with my art, makes it more exciting than it already is. Time will tell if this story gets across to people or not, will have to wait and see what others think, you're the only one to give feedback so far. The whole "free interpretation" aspect is nothing something I plan on implementing into my bigger, more focused projects. There may be elements of the story that are of that nature, but I don't want to deprive watchers of a real compelling story on a movie that spend months working on. But this short films, that I make in like a day or two, that's where I'll experiment the most. It's an outlet to strengthen my creativity so that my bigger more focused projects can improve and stand out amongst others. If that makes sense..

Thanks for telling me about the spoiler thing, will remember to do that from now!

Of course, thank you again for watching and leaving your thoughts! You can expect more from me soon, for sure!

Thank you for the compliments to my editing and directing, I am learning more and more and feel like I'm getting better all the time, glad to know that it shows in my work Smile
LeoLaw
LeoLaw

Mensaje por ftoons Jue Jul 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Me ha gustado mucho, Leo. Me parece muy interesante que consigues generar tensión con muy pocos recursos, y como experimento, este cortometraje es fantástico. Evidentemente le falta contexto y guión, pero es una prueba de que tienes mucho talento para contar historias.

También me parece interesante la forma en la que dices que has creado la obra. En lugar de planearla de manera meticulosa, la idea vino a tu cabeza y tu te lanzaste a rodarla en The Movies. Te felicito porque eso es algo a lo que a veces no nos atrevemos, y a mí personalmente me encantaría ser capaz de sacar algún proyecto de este estilo adelante.

Me gustaría verte con obras de mayor escala porque las dos obras que he visto tuyas me gustan desde el punto de vista visual. ¡Buena suerte, y sigue con ello!

Guardian Logo_m10
Secretos, lujuria y monstruos de la noche de los tiempos se reúnen en un oscuro sendero a través del lado sórdido de la historia americana.
Guardian Ogo11
Un claustrofóbico relato sobre relaciones afectivas a través de un lugar que enfrenta al ser humano a sus miedos más íntimos.
ftoons
ftoons
Sheriff

Mensaje por Koko Jue Jul 12, 2018 10:13 pm

By reading your explanation, I must tell you that it was not clear to me the abuse made by the man.

Is true that the Red Eye refers to "monster", more: the Blue Eye at the end made me think of a beast that is in love with her, gets angry when he sees her with another man and calms down when she is alone again. (Anyway, the Red Eye already appeared at the beginning when she is alone, so.... 87 )

It's a bit weird that she, after the man dropped out the window, dedicates herself to washing (for the second time Very Happy) her hair so quietly.
Koko
Koko

Mensaje por keaden Sáb Ago 11, 2018 7:57 pm

I like it! Very creative and suspenseful.

Koko... lol well she wants to erase her tracks. Won't want to give herself away, now would she? Wink

¡Me gusta! Muy creativo y lleno de suspenso.

Koko ... jaja, ella quiere borrar sus huellas. No querrá delatarse, ¿verdad? Wink
keaden
keaden

Mensaje por Mistica Miér Sep 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Hola LeoLaw,

Juraría que te comenté este corto pero parece que no fue así. Tienes una forma de rodar que me gusta mucho, muestras la situación con tranquilidad, sin prisa. La historia no necesita diálogos, manejas la cámara de tal forma que lo explicas todo visualmente y solo requiere de la música para acompañar la escena. El filtro rojo para que veamos desde la perspectiva de su guardián (aunque me ha recordado a Predator  mellado ).

Tengo alguna duda: El pintalabios de la chica parece corrido ¿es posible que el chico le hiciera daño o es por la pasión de la noche?
¿Es posible que ese fantasma se mueva como quiera? Me refiero, a que en un primer momento el guardián entra a la habitación andando y con sonido de pisadas pero después se ve la cámara desde el suelo, tal vez arrastrándose. Me parece curioso que la chica ni se inmute con el ruido de los cristales y que ella se preocupe más por tener el pelo limpio que por su amante  mellado

Te animo a que continúes la historia y nos cuentes un poco más sobre ese guardián que tiene la chica y por qué, me parece una historia muy interesante que no debería quedarse ahí. Smile

Felicidades por este pequeño proyecto @LeoLaw aplauso aplauso

Guardian XsHC5ZY Guardian AzYGXTC Guardian M9d01AX  
Mistica
Mistica
Diseñadora web

Rol : Actriz de doblaje
. : Micro de oro 2010 por su ayuda a la comunidad y colaboración en doblajes
. : Aguilas 2011: 1º Mejor Actriz Secundaria

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado