Foro The Movies Cinema Machinima Español
BIENVENIDO a la comunidad sobre el juego The Movies y otros Machinimas. Aquí encontraras una gran familia, ayuda, etc, y sobre todo compartir la afición que nos gusta a todos, que es crear películas con motores de juegos. Regístrate o identifícate para quitar la publicidad y poder participar en el foro.
Si tienes problemas con el registro, en el foro Bienvenidos hay un post-it abierto a invitados.
------------------------------------------------------------
WELCOME to the community about the game The Movies and other Machinimas. Here you will find a great family, help, etc, and above all share the hobby that we like to all, which is to create movies with game engines. Register or identify to remove the publicity and to participate in the forum. If you have problems with the registration, in the Welcome forum there is a post-it open to guests.

Unirse al foro, es rápido y fácil

BIENVENIDO a la comunidad sobre el juego The Movies y otros Machinimas. Aquí encontraras una gran familia, ayuda, etc, y sobre todo compartir la afición que nos gusta a todos, que es crear películas con motores de juegos. Regístrate o identifícate para quitar la publicidad y poder participar en el foro.
Si tienes problemas con el registro, en el foro Bienvenidos hay un post-it abierto a invitados.
------------------------------------------------------------
WELCOME to the community about the game The Movies and other Machinimas. Here you will find a great family, help, etc, and above all share the hobby that we like to all, which is to create movies with game engines. Register or identify to remove the publicity and to participate in the forum. If you have problems with the registration, in the Welcome forum there is a post-it open to guests.
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

.MTL Files for Obj

2 participantes

.MTL Files for Obj Empty .MTL Files for Obj

Mensaje por monrollitup Sáb 28 Mayo 2022, 06:07

Okay okay okay. I know it's becoming a habit of seeing me here but I have gotten better at looking for answers however, I cannot find anywhere, here or Google, about how to attach .mtl file textures to OBJ files to convert them to game files ?

This has stomped me as I have a city model file (OBJ and MTL files) and I was going to use for my green screen backgrounds.

As always, thank you for all you do.

**goes to stare at a wall**
monrollitup
monrollitup

Rol : Guionista

.MTL Files for Obj Empty Re: .MTL Files for Obj

Mensaje por DibujanteTM Sáb 28 Mayo 2022, 08:42

Hi monrollitup,

Ask whatever you want and need, of course!

Some files (.msh, FBX) have integrated textures while others (.obj) needs external document to know the associations (.mtl). Those textures will be converted to "materials" for every MESH. Imagine your city has trees, let's say 30 tree meshes, and that that full model contains 200 texture images, but all trees share same texture. It will mean there's 1 material. This is the reason some models may contain a lot of textures but we will use a reduced number (<121) of materials. It also means you can join (CTRL + J) the meshes that share the same materials.

For the MTL, the file shall be named the same as the .OBJ file. Inside the MTL, you may find something like this:

D/Desktop/aaaaaaaaa.png (it means the location of an image file; if the files are missing, the model will look PINK in textures, because it's associated to a texture that is not in that location)

R 0 0 0 (in this case, there's no image file. It is using a color. This one is struggling because for .msh files we need textures. If a model is painted in yellow touching the RGB parameters, you would need to create a texture for that).

So, in case you need to edit something about the MTL file, I guess you should check in Blender each mesh and texture associated to see if its being loaded correctly. Please, send here the model so I can have a look.

DibujanteTM

Echa un vistazo a nuestros nuevos: TUTORIALES, MODS, SOPORTE
DibujanteTM
DibujanteTM

Rol : Director
. : Recreaciones clásicas: El Planeta de los Simios, Ciudadano Kane

Mensaje por monrollitup Sáb 28 Mayo 2022, 22:14

Of course, link here.

The file is the 123456789 files, but if you have time, can you tell if it is possible to open the .blend file? I bought it from free3d and it opens completely textured in 2.69 but only in wireframe in my 2.49b ? I Was just confused. But i will back up, one thing at a time. IT could be possible that it cant be converted. Which I can always just use in green screen scenes with FRAP footage from Blender.

Thank you so much.
monrollitup
monrollitup

Rol : Guionista

Mensaje por DibujanteTM Lun 30 Mayo 2022, 22:36

Hi monrollitup,

this file do not contain texture images altough it includes the .mtl. You can open it in Notepad and there you will see many parameters such as:

Código:
Ns 10.000
Ni 1.5000
d 1.000
Tr 0.0000

These are supposed to be materials filled by colors. For example, if there's a red mesh, it should be like Red (100%) Green (0%) Blue (0%). It's the same, but with different parameters. In Blender you will see the colors, but after you export there will no colors because The Movies need texture images.

Instead, we need mapping (when the texture is actually an image that is modified to fit well with the mesh), this is an example from your model:

Código:
map_Ka C:\Users\User\Desktop\ASSET STORE\seher\PROJE.fbm\5.jpg

It says there's an image file to be loaded for that mesh. But if we're missing the images, then there's no texture to load.

To conclude, your model has to be with texture images. Sometimes you get models with mtl and no textures, some other times there're textures with no mtl file. When this happens, we usually discard the models if you don't want to go manually texturing 1 by 1, which seems a lot of job. :Good:

DibujanteTM

Echa un vistazo a nuestros nuevos: TUTORIALES, MODS, SOPORTE
DibujanteTM
DibujanteTM

Rol : Director
. : Recreaciones clásicas: El Planeta de los Simios, Ciudadano Kane

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado